Real Food for Better Being Newsletter
Roasted Roots Salad
- 7 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large carrots, trimmed, scrubbed and quartered lengthways
- 4 large parsnips, trimmed, scrubbed and quartered lengthways
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut in thin wedges
- Sprigs of thyme
- 1 head garlic, broken into cloves
- 2 large handfuls salad leaves, such as endive, rocket etc
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1½ tbsp Apple cider vinegar with Manuka Honey
- Heat oven to 220 C, gas mark 7.
- Pour 2 tbsp oil into a roasting dish on the hob and heat. Add carrots and parsnips and cook for 5 minutes; add onions and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add herbs and garlic, pour over 2 tbsp oil, season and roast for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add 3 tbsp olive oil, 1½ tbsp apple cider vinegar and tip onto the leaves and parsley.